This month, we're giving truckers 10% off qualifying SleepWeaver masks, plus a free hose clip and Feather Weight Tube, at cpapXchange.com and Direct Home Medical to thank them for continuing to serve the country during COVID-19. We're partnering with Dr. John's Medical, an organization that provides resources for truckers with sleep apnea, to make this promotion possible. PROMO CODE: thankyoutruckers
Earlier this month, we shared one of Dr. John's excellent blogs on the way sleep impacts your health. This week, we wanted to share his latest blog on the benefits of cloth CPAP masks.
Dr. John’s “Big 5” Benefits of SleepWeaver Soft Cloth Masks
Millions of Americans suffer from sleep apnea. Studies show sleep apnea is connected to a greater risk of dangerous conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, stroke and Type II diabetes. While using a CPAP machine is vital to improving the user’s overall health, finding the right mask is of equal importance. In the past, I have written numerous articles and counseled many people on the importance of the CPAP machine but, today, I want to focus on a revolutionary mask that I have personally used for the past 12 years. Today, Dr. John’s Big 5 focuses on the benefits of the SleepWeaver all cloth CPAP masks:
- I went through at least twenty different plastic masks until one of my fellow OOIDA members told me about the SleepWeaver cloth mask. One thing is for sure… plastic masks and skin oils don’t jive! For those with oily skin, traditional plastic CPAP masks tend to slide during the night. Without the proper seal, you will experience leaks and consequently less benefit from the CPAP machine. Cloth masks are perfect for those with oily skin because they offer a secure fit with reduced air leakage.
- The SleepWeaver cloth mask works much like a parachute. When you breathe, it inflates out. One of the best features of the cloth mask is it more flexible than a plastic mask. It is perfect for those that are side sleepers and roll from side to side throughout the night. The cloth mask stays in place on the face allowing for comfortable and varied sleep positions.
- Another major advantage of the cloth mask is it is easy to clean. This is a major benefit for those that are traveling in a truck over the road. Once a week, place the cloth mask with hoses in a washing machine on “Rapid-Wash”. Use a hot-cold temperature setting with 2/3 cup of Clorox. Using Clorox as a cleaning agent helps with the infamous “CPAP cough”. In addition, I personally use the SoClean CPAP Sanitizer daily. The combined methods of weekly washing in a machine and the daily sanitizer cleaning has totally eliminated my morning cough completely.
- Many plastic and silicone masks exhibit noises caused by air turbulence in the vent holes of the mask. The SleepWeaver cloth mask has a series of small exhalation holes that eliminate air “whooshing” or “whistling” sounds. This reduction in noise provides the user with a longer and more restful night of sleep.
- Because everyone’s face is different, many CPAP mask users find that traditional plastic or silicone masks often cause skin irritation and pressure sores. SleepWeaver offers reduced pressure from the headgear as well as less skin irritation. Cloth masks are soft and flexible while virtually eliminating skin marks and indentations.
There's a lot we can all learn from how the trucking community handles sleep. Watch DJM's SleepWeaver testimonial video here!